September 20th Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda
The Pocahontas County Commission will meet at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, September 20th at the Commission’s office in the Courthouse in Marlinton, with the following agenda. After routine opening procedures, the commissioners will hear public comments at 5:35 p.m.
At 5:40 pm, The commissioners will hear from Mike O’Brien, the 911 and emergency Management Director, who will ask the commissioners to issue a resolution to participate in the WV EMSRS and to approve the 2020 EMPG.
At 5:50, Mike O’Brien will request that the commissioners approve the hiring of a Part-Time 911 Dispatcher.
At 6:00 the commissioners will receive the assessment of the Pocahontas County Jail building from Bryson VanNostrand of VanNostrand Architects. Commission President Walt Helmick had requested that Architect firm to examine that building to determine if it could be renovated into a Courthouse Annex building at a reasonable cost.
At 6:15 they will discuss and consider providing assistance for Craig and Cynthia Ashford to obtain a Mitigation Reconstruction Grant to complete a project the commission had previously approved.
The commissioners will also take up the following items which do not have specific times assigned to them.
- Final settlements and orders.
- Mail items and concerns.
- They will discuss and consider action on the sewer hook-up for the East Fork Tannery.
- They will consider filing an application with the US Army Corps of Engineers for a permit to address flooding issues.
- They will consider a 2-year lease agreement with the WV Division of Forestry.
- They will consider issuing a Memorandum of Understanding with the Family Court, and approving a lease agreement with L. Jay Kniceley.
- County Clerk Melissa Bannett will ask the commissioners to approve the 2021-2022 County Financial Statement, and for them to approve the proposed Election Officials for the November election.
- They will consider appointing David McLaughlin to the County Solid Waste Authority to fill an unexpired term which will expire on June 30, 2026.
- Attorney Stephen Skinner will update the commissioners regarding the Opioid Litigation Settlement.
Finally, the commissioners will approve invoices then adjourn the meeting.
The meeting will also be available on Zoom Meeting. The instructions to join the zoom meeting can be found below.
To join the Zoom Meeting, go to: https://zoom.us/j/8181361801